Bridges at the entrance to Mohyliv-Podilskyi are open for traffic and pedestrians
Avtostrada is completing major work on two bridges over the Nemyia River at the entrance to the border town. One of the buildings - a road bridge, was overhauled, the other - a pedestrian bridge, was built from scratch for the comfort and safety of local residents.
Now Avtostrada's specialists are engaged in shore protection - they form cones of the bridge, which are then concreted. In the nearest future, the road surface of the bridge will also be marked. We plan to complete the works by the end of December.
The following works were performed on the bridge:
- a new monolithic pavement slab was arranged;
- expansion joints were installed;
- waterproofing were installed ;
- the carriageway was widened from 6.4 to 8 m;
- the main driveway was asphalted;
- elements of load-bearing structures were restored (arches, racks, transverse beams with consoles), as well as made new cabinet walls with openings in the stands;
- a barrier fence was installed.
A new pedestrian bridge was built at a distance of 7.5 m from the axis of the existing bridge from the bottom side. The bridge is designed with reinforced concrete and metal girder structures. The width of the bridge is 3.2 m.
In total, on the pedestrian bridge we:
- arranged monolithic reinforced concrete supports;
- mounted a metal girder structure 30 m long;
- installed slabs of the aisle;
- reinforced concrete beams of the girder structure were mounted;
- arranged waterproofing, covering the aisle and railing.
Retaining walls have also been completed on the bridges.
Road and pedestrian bridges across Nemiya are part of the M-21 international highway. It runs from the border with Belarus to the border with Moldova and coincides with part of the European route E583. The bridge has not been repaired for more than 80 years, since 1937, and did not meet state building standards.
This year Avtostrada restored 20 km of the M-21 highway in Vinnytsia region.